Did you know… ?
You can set up your preferences in RevMan:
Go to Tools>Preferences
- On the General tab, fill in your name in the “User’s Real Name” boxes so that if you use track changes, your comments will be linked to you by your initials.
- Still in the General tab, in the “Miscellaneous” box select “every session” for when you want to “check for updates to RevMan”
- Tick the three boxes at the bottom of the same Miscellaneous box (two warnings and one validation check). This will help you to maintain version control, to make sure that you are always working on the most recent version of your review.
- Go to the “Connection” tab and enter your Archie username and password and tick the box next to “Save user name and password when Rev Man is closed” – unless you share your computer with others
- Check the server address in the “Connection” tab is set to Archie Server, and click “Test” to check the connection
- To protect against accidental data loss, RevMan will automatically save a local back up of your review at regular intervals. The default is every 10 minutes, but you can change this by going to “Tools>Preferences>Files”. The back up file is saved by default to your computer’s tempraory folder but you can specifiy a different location.
TIP: If your computer or RevMan crashes whilst working on a review, you can open the latest backup of the review next time you open RevMan by following the prompt.
TIP: If a RevMan update has been released, and you have set your preferences to check for updates, you will be automatically prompted to download the latest version.
Get more tips from the Cochrane IMS Team website.