Cochrane Oral Health is currently undertaking a priority setting exercise, and we are looking for your feedback on what are the most important questions to answer in taking care of the mouth, teeth and gums. Continue reading
We started by defining 8 specialties, and then by asking the authors of our reviews in each specialty to rank our existing reviews on how important they felt they were to clinical practice and to patients. We also asked each group to identify any gaps they could see or topics they felt had not been addressed.
We’re now looking for feedback on 6 of the areas. Do you agree with the rankings? Do you think the new title proposals are useful?
Click on the links in the list below to read the discussion documents and view the rankings for each specialty:
- Restorative dentistry (repairing teeth)
- Periodontology (gum diseases)
- Oral surgery (surgical treatment)
- Oral medicine (treatment of conditions such as mouth ulcers, jaw pain and screening for oral cancer and pre-cancerous conditions)
- Dental public health (improving the oral health of the public)
- Cleft lip and palate
You can send feedback on any of the discussion documents to us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org, or you can visit our website and fill in the online form in the right hand column. The deadline for receipt of comments is Friday 1 August.