What is it?
The Cochrane Colloquium is an international meeting, providing an opportunity for Cochrane authors, editors, consumers and editorial base staff to meet and learn more about the Cochrane Collaboration.
Over 5 days there will be:
- Four plenary sessions on the theme of “Better knowledge for better health”
- Meetings of Cochrane Groups and Entities
- Workshops covering a range of topics and a chance to learn new skills
- Oral and poster sessions
- A welcome reception and 20th Anniversary Gala
Guest speakers will include:
- David Bornstein (Author of How to Change the World: Social Entrepreneurs and the Power of New Ideas)
- Lorraine Johnson (Co-Chair, Consumers United for Evidence Based Healthcare Steering Committee)
- Dr France Legare (Canada Research Chair in Implementation of Shared Decision Making in Primary Care)
- Professor Sir Michael G. Marmot (Director, UCL Institute of Health Equity)
- Chris Mavergames (Cochrane’s Director of Web Development)
- Dr Andrew D. Oxman (Researcher, Global Health Unit, Norwegian Knowledge Center for the Health Services)
- Professor Thomas J Walley (Director, NIHR Evaluation, Trials and Studies)
Where and when is it?
The Colloquium will be held 19-23 September 2013, at Centre Des Congres de Quebec, Quebec City, Canada.
Who’s going from the Cochrane Oral Health Group?
The Group’s co-ordinating editors Professor Jan Clarkson and Professor Helen Worthington will be in attendance, along with Deputy Managing Editor Phil Riley, Trials Search Co-ordinator Anne Littlewood, and Editors Dr. Anne-Marie Glenny and Dr. Tanya Walsh.
The Cochrane Collaboration is celebrating 20 years this year, so the Quebec Colloquium will be extra special. Come along and celebrate with us!
How can I register?
Go to the Colloquium website to register for the event. Please note that early bird registration at discounted rates is only available until 15 July.
You can also follow the Colloquium on Twitter with the hashtag #cochranequebec.