The Cochrane Collaboration has released it’s annual report and is looking to build on the successes of 2011, which included:
- The publication of 414 new reviews in the Cochrane Library
- The publication of 464 review updates in the Cochrane Library
- A 16.8% increase in the use of the Cochrane Library around the globe
- The establishment of an official relationship with the World Health Organization, providing the opportunity for the Collaboration to influence the way in which research evidence is created and used by the WHO
- The launch of summaries.cochrane.org, a consumer friendly site for Cochrane evidence, which has received a 2011 Plain English Campaign award
- The appointment of a Training Co-ordinator (Miranda Cumpston) and a Methods Co-ordinator (Jackie Chandler)
Read more about the achievements of the Collaboration in the Annual Report.